Last updated: December 2021
We , Even Capital GP Limited (“us”, “we”, and “our”) recognise the importance of protecting your privacy. When dealing with personal information we comply with the Privacy Act 2020 (the Act).
This policy aims to give you information about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information through your use of this website. We will only collect personal information that is connected to a function or activity we carry out, and only where the collection of that information is necessary for that function or activity.
You agree that your use of your website or services provided by us, indicates your acceptance of this policy and you authorise us to collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this policy.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
2. How we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including through our online form, through any contact with us, and during our relationship with you; and
- third parties (only when you have authorised this) or the information is publicly available
We may also make enquiries with others to verify the information you provide to us.
Where possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
You do not have to provide your personal information to us. However, we may not be able to carry out our function or effectively provide you with services if you do not provide us with the information we need.
3. Information we collect
We collect personal information from you, including, but is not limited to:
- contact information;
- date of birth;
- your nationality and country of birth;
- your business name and information about your business;
- your career history including areas of expertise;
- financial information;
- bank account details;
- data required for AML purposes
- details of what you require our services for;
- interactions with us; or
- other information obtained or received by us in connection with our services.
4. Why we collect your personal information
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to consider your application for investment;
- to provide services to you and manage your relationship with us;
- to use it for any other purpose authorised by you;
- connect you with people within our community
- to provide you with information in relation our services;
- for any other purposes authorised by you; or
- to comply with any laws in New Zealand or overseas applying to us.
We will only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise required by law.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
We may share personal information with:
- companies we work with to deliver services and that help us deliver and maintain our website;
- anyone that we need to contact to carry out your instructions to us;
- any person or body who can require us to supply your personal information, or where the Act or another law requires us to disclosure your information (i.e. government agencies and regulatory authority); and
- any other person authorised by you.
6. Cookies and device specific data
We may also collect information whenever you log onto or visit our website. We use these to personalise your experience on our website, gain a better understanding of ways people use our website and improve your experience. We may collect this type of technical information using cookies and other means. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive to enable our systems to recognise your browser. If you want to disable cookies, you may do so by changing the settings on your browser.
When you use our website, we may collect information from analytics tools. We may use these to track non-personally identifiable information such as usage and volume statistics, for research, marketing purposes and to further develop our website.
7. Third party links
8. Access and correction of your personal information
You can ask us for access to, or correction of your personal information at any time. If you would like to ask for a copy of your information, or have it updated, please contact us:
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Privacy breach
If there is a breach of privacy involving your personal information, we will comply with any legal obligations in the Act.
10. Protection of your personal information
We take your privacy seriously and understand the need to keep your information confidential and secure. We update our technology regularly, and contract IT specialists to manage our technology services.
We (or third parties contracted to do so) can store your information physically or electronically. We will act reasonably to ensure that your information is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
11. Changes to this policy